Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Digimarc Corporation (DMRC) Following 3Q Report
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company maintained a Buy rating on Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), and cut the price target to $40.00 (from $46.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Revenues were reported at $5.6M, in-line with consensus estimates. DMRC said it received new bookings in Q3 totaling $0.9M, up from $0.1M a year ago.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "DMRC after the close yesterday reported a slightly smaller Q3 loss despite modest revenue growth of 4%. At this early stage of commercial adoption of the Digimarc Barcode and Discover platform, we would not be overly focused on quarterly results but rather on the long-term opportunity of its disruptive barcode technology. DMRC has done much of the heavy lifting to build the ecosystem for the Digimarc Barcode to drive deployment by early adopters over the next 1-2 years, which we believe will ultimately result in a major inflection point for the technology. With a stronger balance sheet, DMRC is now expected to scale up investment in sales and marketing and R&D to accelerate market adoption. We believe this is the correct strategy and reaffirm our Buy rating."
Shares of Digimarc closed at $29.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Customers Bancorp (CUBI) to $40; Reiterates Outperform
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!