NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Would be Worth $140-$160/Share Based on Average Valuation for Semiconductor Deals - Deutsche Bank
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst Ross Seymore commented on NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI) following rumors earlier that the company is in talks to be acquired by Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM). Based on the average valuation for semiconductor deals since 2014, NXP Semiconductors could fetch $140-$160 per share, said the analyst.
Seymore explained, "Earlier this afternoon multiple press reports (Dow Jones, WSJ, etc.) have cited that Qualcomm Inc. is in discussions to acquire NXP Semiconductors for over $30b, with a deal possible in the next two to three months. In reaction to the news, NXPI shares have risen ~15% and now imply a ~$33b market cap. At this level, NXPI shares trade at 2017E P/E (adjusted GAAP EPS) of ~15x and EV/EBITDA of ~12x. For reference, the average valuation for semiconductor deals since 2014 has been at a ~25x P/E, ~18x EV/EBITDA and average price premium to prior close of ~30%. While we have no incremental knowledge about the validity of these reports, should NXP be acquired at the equivalent of these multiples, it would imply a share price range of $140-$160 (~$50-55b market cap) with the typical ~30% premium to the prior close implying a much lower $110."
Deutsche Bank has a Buy rating on NXP Semiconductors with a price target of $110.
Shares of NXP Semiconductors NV closed at $82.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!