NVIDIA (NVDA) PT Raised to $71 at UBS Following Strong Qtr and Accelerating Trends
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst Stephen Chin reiterated a Buy rating and lifted his price target on NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) to $71.00 (from $53.00) following another strong quarter with accelerating trends.
Chin commented, "We reiterate our Buy rating as we remain comfortable NVDA can grow sales over 10% yoy from new opportunities in gaming, machine learning, virtual reality, and self-driving cars. NVDA beat all of its Jul-16 targeted financial guidance with strong yoy sales growth in all 4 of its segments. NVDA's largest segment of gaming (55% of sales) showed yoy growth of 18%. We believe this segment likely has solid visibility now that its new chip, Pascal, has started shipping. We expect NVDA to benefit from a multi-year upgrade cycle from its 80M installed base of gamers. NVDA reported that only 33% of its installed base of gamers has upgraded to its Maxwell chip, which was introduced in FY15. NVDA's gross margin guidance for its Oct-16 quarter was flat at 58% despite sales being guided up 17% qoq, but we not too concerned as it is likely mix related."
The firm is raising FY17/FY18 EPS estimates 19%/16% on higher sales momentum.
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $59.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- Pandora (P): Preannouncement Is Substantial Surprise - FBR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!