NVIDIA (NVDA): Good Enough To Keep The Stock Moving - Nomura
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Romit Shah, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) after the company reported another strong quarter and guide that was materially higher than his estimates and consensus. The analyst believes shares will continue to trade at a substantial premium as revisions move higher.
Nvidia indicated that roughly one-third of the gaming installed-base is still on Maxwell, with the rest on older GPUs. The analyst believes that Pascal-based GPUs should incentivize the base to refresh, creating double digit revenue growth in the gaming segment in CY16 (+20%) and CY17 (+14%).
Nvidia also noted that "deep learning" is seeing a sharp increase in revenues and engagement. Management indicated that roughly half of datacenter revenues come from deep learning, one-third from HPC and rest in virtualization. The analyst believes that the launch of Tesla P100 should continue to drive growth in datacenter, which should grow +95% in CY16 and +50% in CY17.
The price target of $62.50 is up from $55.00.
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $59.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- FBN Securities Raises Price Target on Pandora (P) to $15 Following 4Q Preannouncement
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB): Raising PT - UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNomura, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!