NVIDIA (NVDA): Good Enough To Keep The Stock Moving - Nomura
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Romit Shah, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) after the company reported another strong quarter and guide that was materially higher than his estimates and consensus. The analyst believes shares will continue to trade at a substantial premium as revisions move higher.
Nvidia indicated that roughly one-third of the gaming installed-base is still on Maxwell, with the rest on older GPUs. The analyst believes that Pascal-based GPUs should incentivize the base to refresh, creating double digit revenue growth in the gaming segment in CY16 (+20%) and CY17 (+14%).
Nvidia also noted that "deep learning" is seeing a sharp increase in revenues and engagement. Management indicated that roughly half of datacenter revenues come from deep learning, one-third from HPC and rest in virtualization. The analyst believes that the launch of Tesla P100 should continue to drive growth in datacenter, which should grow +95% in CY16 and +50% in CY17.
The price target of $62.50 is up from $55.00.
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $59.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNomura, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!