Mylan's (MYL) Epipen4Schools Program is a Complicated Maze of Specialty Distribution Cos - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris explored Mylan's (NASDAQ: MYL) Epipen4Schools program. After reviewing the program he said it's "more complex than we thought". The way he described it it sounds eerily similar to what Valeant (NYSE: VRX) was doing with specialty pharmacy Philidor, although he didn't mention the Valeant comparison at all in his note.
First Maris notes that at the EpiPen4Schools.com webpage, Mylan's logo is displayed but also BioRidge Pharma.
They believe BioRidge Pharma is a specialty distribution company. Maris notes BioRidge Pharma seems to be running the EpiPen4Schools program, but it also appears that Mylan is the owner of the EpiPens4Schools.com domain. They also are uncertain whether BioRidge has any customers other than Mylan, and if so, if Mylan represents over 90% of BioRidge’s activities.
Maris also found another company with the same exact office address as BioRidge Pharma (200 Park Avenue, Suite 300, Florham Park, New Jersey), Asembia, which is a specialty distribution company.
The analyst said they tried repeatedly to reach BioRidge Pharma but were unable to discuss the company with management. They were also unable to find any mention of BioRidge or Asembia in Mylan’s most recent SEC filings.
In addition, Maris said it appears that neither Mylan, nor BioRidge, or Asembia ship EpiPens for the school program, but that two other designated pharmacies are responsible for the shipping.
Maris said they have the following questions for Mylan:
- What role does BioRidge Pharma play?
- Where are the costs of this program included?
- What role does Asembia play?
- Does Mylan own BioRidge and/or Asembia or provide either with any loans or other financial resources?
- Why does Mylan own the domain name?
- Are Asembia and BioRidge owned by the same individuals?
- Why is BioRidge a separate entity?
- What percentage of BioRidge’s activities and revenues are related to Mylan? Does Mylan have effective control of BioRidge?
- What role do Foundation Care Pharmacy and HD Smith play?
- What is the physical flow of product from Mylan to the schools?
- Who owns the EpiPen at the different stages?
- Are the free EpiPens accounted for as donations for tax purposes and if so, at what price?
- What is the cost of the products donated to date?
- What information does Mylan have access to that has been collected by BioRidge?
- Is the EpiPen4Schools program limited in duration? Was it established as a permanent program?
- Have there been any changes to the EpiPen4Schools program?
- Was the EpiPen4Schools program designed or implemented to further establish EpiPen with consumers?
The firm maintained a Market Perform rating and $43-$45 valuation range on Mylan.
Shares of Mylan closed at $43.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- TransDigm (TDG) Valeant Comparison 'Nothing New', Tweet Risk Low and Would Use Weakness to Buy - Credit Suisse
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!