Mylan (MYL) EpiPen Situation 'Far from Over', Wells Fargo's Maris Says
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris weighed in on Mylan (NASDAQ: MYL) after a CMS spokesperson was quoted by CNBC that, "CMS has, on multiple occasions, provided guidance to the industry and Mylan on the proper classification of drugs, and has expressly advised Mylan that their classification of EpiPen for the purposes of the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program was incorrect." In addition, CNBC cites the Minnesota state health department as estimating this misclassification may have cost Minnesota $4.3 million so far this year.
Maris said if this is true and indicative of the relative costs at other states, they believe the misclassification could be sizable for Mylan, as Minnesota represents less than 2% of the U.S. population.
The analyst expects next steps will be Mylan’s submission of data and information to the panel’s request (this week), and potentially other hearings in the months to come. They are keeping October 12th circled as they expect the Senators will hear from the U.S. Attorney by then.
Maris said they are not aware of Mylan having reaffirmed earnings guidance since this issue has broken out, so are uncertain whether 2016 still stands, although since the EpiPen generic has not been launched, they do not know why it would not still be
The analyst said they continue to believe the EpiPen situation is "far from over with Mylan and represents a risk to the shares."
The firm maintained a Market Perform rating and $43-$45 valuation range.
Shares of Mylan closed at $40.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Mylan (MYL) Announces Restructuring Program; Sees Workforce Impact
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!