Morgan Stanley Remains Equalweight on Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Following 2Q
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Morgan Stanley maintained an Equalweight rating on Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM), and cut the price target to $54.00 (from $55.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS of $0.58 was inline on lower SG&A, resulting from cost cuts enacted at the end of 2015. Comparable brand growth was light at +0.6%, below the guidance range of 1-4%.
Analyst Simeon Gutman commented, "Our key takeaway from Q2 results is WSM's operating margins may struggle to expand. While Q2 EBIT margin was in-line, comps were weaker than expected (+0.6% vs. +2.8% consensus). The cost of growing sales is increasing for WSM and the broader home furnishings segment and we believe it will be difficult to drive improvement in both sales and EBIT margin over time."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $54.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!