Morgan Stanley Remains Equalweight on Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Following 2Q
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Morgan Stanley maintained an Equalweight rating on Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM), and cut the price target to $54.00 (from $55.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS of $0.58 was inline on lower SG&A, resulting from cost cuts enacted at the end of 2015. Comparable brand growth was light at +0.6%, below the guidance range of 1-4%.
Analyst Simeon Gutman commented, "Our key takeaway from Q2 results is WSM's operating margins may struggle to expand. While Q2 EBIT margin was in-line, comps were weaker than expected (+0.6% vs. +2.8% consensus). The cost of growing sales is increasing for WSM and the broader home furnishings segment and we believe it will be difficult to drive improvement in both sales and EBIT margin over time."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $54.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Adjusts Estimates Ahead of Littelfuse (LFUS) 3Q Report - PT to $155
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!