Morgan Stanley Raises Price Target on Best Buy (BBY) Following EPS Beat
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Morgan Stanley reiterated an Equalweight rating on Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), and raised the price target to $43.00 (from $35.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. BBY reported a $0.15 beat in non-GAAP EPS compared to the Street's ($0.47) estimate.
Analyst Simeon Gutman commented, "Q3 non-GAAP EPS came in at $0.62, a +$0.15 beat vs. the Street ($0.47). BBY generated ~30% EBIT growth on a +1.8% comp. While this level of profit conversion is not sustainable, this was the kind of quarter that bulls have been hoping for. The +1.8% Q3 comp was above the Street's +1.0% estimate but in-line with market expectations. The real upside came from domestic GM, which rose 58 bps YoY. BBY clearly seems to have found its place within the consumer electronics segment, restoring credibility to the brand, managing margins well, and executing at a high level."
Shares of Best Buy closed at $45.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Investor Day Offers Little New - Jefferies
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!