Monster Beverage (MNST): Survey Points to Reasonable Expectations, Raising PT - Jefferies
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Kevin Grundy, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Monster Beverage (NASDAQ: MNST) after a US focused survey reflects an encouraging increase in penetration rates. The analyst expects some near-term slowing from dissipating pricing however. This should limit the lift from Mutant/Hydro launches. Great story, though at 35x EV/ULFCF, risk-reward looks balanced.
The US Consumer Survey reflects: (i) increasing penetration rates (20% vs. 17% in ’14); (ii) energy drink infringement on more “need states," and (iii) declining “negatives” (owing to relative quiet in D.C.) opens up the possibility to penetrate the ~35% of non-energy drink consumers under an admittedly unlikely "blue-sky" scenario. However, there could be some near-term slowing in the category which would limit the lift from Mutant/Hydro launches.
The price target goes to $175.00 (from $162.00).
Shares of Monster Beverage closed at $159.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Swift Transportation (SWFT) PT Bumped to $24 at Stifel Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!