Monster Beverage (MNST): Better Than Feared - Stifel
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel analyst, Mark Astrachan, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Monster Beverage (NASDAQ: MNST) and raised his price target to $185.00 (from $178.00) after Monster reported disappointing 3Q results with sales and EPS below expectations.
The analyst thinks the miss was better than feared, with the difference largely attributable to shipment timing in the U.S. and some sales de-leverage on fixed costs, though certain expenses were higher than anticipated and represent a point worth watching going forward.
On the positive side, the adjusted month of October gross sales, given on the call, meaningfully accelerated from 3Q sales levels – the analyst estimates up 19% – with implied U.S. and international sales improving sequentially. This implies that U.S. end-demand remains solid and accelerating international sales reflect share gains resulting from new Coke distribution.
Despite the weak results last quarter, the analyst is keeping his Buy rating but reducing the 2017-2018 sales and EPS estimates by 0.4% and 4.0%.
The target price drops to $178 representing 33x 2018E EPS, excluding cash.
Shares of Monster Beverage closed at $140.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) After Meeting with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!