Monsanto (MON): Thoughts After St Louis Whistle Stop Tour - Piper Jaffray
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Brett Wong, reiterated his Overweight rating on Monsanto (NYSE: MON) after attending a company event in St. Louis. The event offered visibility into the depth of the pipeline and the leadership position MON holds in the industry. There is a difficult agriculture backdrop that will continue to weigh on growth near-term. However, management did not provide any additional insight into possible M&A including the potential deal with Bayer, only commenting that discussions are ongoing.
The analyst continues to believe that the potential acquisition by Bayer will close, likely in the mid-$130/sh range, lower than previously expected due to the ag downturn now persisting into next year. The focus of the event was the pipeline, where MON highlighted the strength of the core business, but really stressed the significant opportunity in Climate to transform agriculture as well as the other offerings MON is pursuing to help build a more integrated solution for growers.
No change to the price target of $118.
Shares of Monsanto closed at $103.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Oracle (ORCL): Earnings Preview, Checks Show Strong Cloud Revenue - Jefferies
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!