MoffettNathanson Downgrades Charter Communications (CHTR) to Neutral
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MoffettNathanson downgraded Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $305.00.
Analyst Craig Moffett said the cable bull case is well-known and may be even better known for Charter. This is now working against it as consensus expectations have risen sharply, along with the stock which is outperforming in the S&P 500 by 25% YTD.
The firm's forecast are no longer materially above consensus and they now worry that capital allocation to wireless could trigger disappointment among investors singularly focused on share repurchase in support of end-of-decad FCF per share targets.
Although they continue to like the Charter story, the stock price now fairly reflects value.
Meanwhile, the firm continues to view Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) as undervalued and remains overweight the sector.
Shares of Charter Communications closed at $267.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!