MoffettNathanson Downgrades Charter Communications (CHTR) to Neutral
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MoffettNathanson downgraded Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $305.00.
Analyst Craig Moffett said the cable bull case is well-known and may be even better known for Charter. This is now working against it as consensus expectations have risen sharply, along with the stock which is outperforming in the S&P 500 by 25% YTD.
The firm's forecast are no longer materially above consensus and they now worry that capital allocation to wireless could trigger disappointment among investors singularly focused on share repurchase in support of end-of-decad FCF per share targets.
Although they continue to like the Charter story, the stock price now fairly reflects value.
Meanwhile, the firm continues to view Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) as undervalued and remains overweight the sector.
Shares of Charter Communications closed at $267.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!