MoffettNathanson Downgrades Charter Communications (CHTR) to Neutral
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MoffettNathanson downgraded Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $305.00.
Analyst Craig Moffett said the cable bull case is well-known and may be even better known for Charter. This is now working against it as consensus expectations have risen sharply, along with the stock which is outperforming in the S&P 500 by 25% YTD.
The firm's forecast are no longer materially above consensus and they now worry that capital allocation to wireless could trigger disappointment among investors singularly focused on share repurchase in support of end-of-decad FCF per share targets.
Although they continue to like the Charter story, the stock price now fairly reflects value.
Meanwhile, the firm continues to view Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) as undervalued and remains overweight the sector.
Shares of Charter Communications closed at $267.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!