Mizuho Upgrades Eagle Pharmaceuticals (EGRX) to Buy Following Unexpected J-code Win; Sees 60% Chance of a Takeout
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities upgraded Eagle Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: EGRX) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $78.00 (from $62.00) following an unexpected decision from CMS that should preserve and increase its Bendeka royalty out to at least 2026 (and potentially to 2033).
Analyst Irina Koffler commented, "The CMS reversal on the unique Bendeka J-code was unexpected, and forced us to re-evaluate our assumptions on this product. CMS granted Bendeka a unique J-code, overturning its negative decision earlier in the year. The implication is that hospitals using Bendeka after the entry of Treanda powder generics in 2019 can continue to be reimbursed for Bendeka at branded pricing. We were surprised by this outcome given our previous work indicating that only 2/18 drugs with a preliminary negative decision were overturned in the 2011-2015 period. As a result, we are upgrading the stock to Buy from Neutral, and raising PT to $78 from $62. Our PT is now a weighted blend of DCF ($51) and SOTP takeout valuation ($96). We assume a higher 60% probability of takeout to arrive at our blended $78 PT."
Shares of Eagle Pharmaceuticals closed at $68.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Rumors, Upgrades
Related EntitiesIrina Koffler
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!