Mizuho Securities Upgrades Synaptics (SYNA) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities upgraded Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $74.00 (from $54.00), saying 2017 TDDI could provide an OLED offset.
Analyst Vijay Rakesh commented, "While SYNA has underperformed the SOX with 1H16 iPhone headwinds, we believe 2017 is looking better with TDDI ramps that could add an incremental 50-100M units of accretive ASP/margin and offset some C2H17 OLED drag. SYNA still lags on Fingerprint sensors and the OLED roadmap, potentially losing the high end OLED iPhone for 2017. But SYNA is a leader in touch, and with TDDI could see some accretive upside to depressed estimates as multiple handset OEMs ramp. Upgrading to Buy and raising our 2H17 and F18E estimates; our PT goes to $74 from $58."
Shares of Synaptics closed at $65.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): Chip Recovery Has Begun - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!