Mizuho Securities Upgrades HCP (HCP) to Buy
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities upgraded HCP (NYSE: HCP) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $32.00.
Analyst Richard Anderson commented, "In our opinion, we think the improved quality of the new leadership team (CEO Herzog and President/CIO Hutchens) is not debatable given both of their past accomplishments at various stops along the way. We expect the company to acknowledge the mistakes of the past at HCP, which we think will help influence behaviors in the future. Gone will be short-term perspectives on growth in exchange for a long-term and predictable (albeit potentially muted) growth profile. What is left now is a three-pronged portfolio of life science (positive read-through under Trump), medical office (lower cost outpatient should counter some of the hospital association) and senior housing (experiencing some supply pressure, but a property type that is benefiting from positive long-term demand fundamentals). The complete lack of skilled nursing is a consequence of the QCP spin that is performing about as poorly as feared. That lingering bad taste could keep some investors away from “new-co”, which we can appreciate. But our ratings upgrade is based on the look ahead and not a dwell on the past. The other lingering risk is Brookdale Senior Living (BKD) will remain 25% of the portfolio after all the sales activity, which may be too high and a factor in our NAV estimate. Short of a surprise transaction to address this concentration, this risk will remain an issue for investors to underwrite."
Shares of HCP closed at $28.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Nu Skin (NUS) PT Trimmed to $55 at Jefferies Following Management Changes as Guidance Can Weigh
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on TEGNA (TGNA) Following Investor Conference
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!