Mizuho Securities Upgrades Apartment Investment Management (AIV) to Buy
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities upgraded Apartment Investment Management (NYSE: AIV) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $49.00 (from $48.00).
Analyst Richard Anderson commented, "In our view, AIV demonstrated an incremental level of confidence for 2017 versus most of its peers, including a reiteration of its previous view that same store NOI growth could be in the 4.75% range (equivalent to what it estimated a few quarters back). And with half of its capital dedicated to non-Class A price points, AIV appears somewhat insulated from the wave of supply pressure impacting the sector. The combination of renewal rents in the 4.5% range (i.e., above average), turnover running below 50%, and 2017 expense growth expected to remain manageably below 3%, should provide a measure of internal growth support. Hence, we see AIV as an interesting picture on a questionable canvas. The stock is up 7% year-to-date, so that did give us some initial pause in making this change, but the PT math we applied easily got us over that hump."
He added, "In some ways, AIV is a reincarnation of the Home Properties business model -- owning lower price-point assets and upgrading them through a dedicated redevelopment program. With the company’s ability to turn 1,500 vacant units to start the year, into 150 to end the year (a 90% drop), that should also resonate well with the 2017 outlook. And on top of all of that, a continued commitment to deleveraging looks likely to produce lower interest expense next year through debt reduction and refinancing activities. So, despite a long history that has had its ups and downs, we think AIV has the building blocks right now to achieve good growth at a discount during 2017."
Shares of Apartment Investment Management closed at $42.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!