Mizuho Securities Upgrades Allergen (AGN) to Buy; Sees Lowered Risk Moving Forward
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho upgrades Allergan (NYSE: AGN) from Hold to Buy and boosts its price target from $246 up to $318 on lower risk expectations.
The firm commented today,
We revisited our assumptions after Allergan lowered guidance on the 2Q:16 call, removing an overhang, in our view. We view the business as less risky since consensus estimates look more reasonable and we are more comfortable with revenue growth. We also see upside from higher gross margins and possible quarter beats.
Other details from the note:
As goes Botox, so goes AGN: The company broke out the details of its revenue base, allowing us to better view the ramp in Botox cosmetic and therapeutic indications. A strong fall push in Kybella DTC promotion should also drive increased utilization of Botox and fillers, in our view. Mgmt is still targeting 10% organic growth for the overall business in 2017, and we view this as doable. Additional granularity about other segments like GI, eye drops, Saphris, and anti-infectives made it easier to appropriately assign growth or stability to products, rather than wonder about declines within "other branded product sales".
Execution will be a focus and some risk remains: This is the hard part. Mgmt will need to contain costs while launching new products and advancing the pipeline. Highly visible products like Kybella will need to hit expectations (we aren't sure this one will attain $52M in 2016). In 2H:16, we expect several data readouts: (1) Ph III of tavilermide in dry eye, (which requires two additional Ph III trials). (2) Ph IIb data for relamorelin in gastroparesis (we have low expectations) and (3) Ph II data for atogepant in migraine prophylaxis. We also await approval of Restasis MDPF.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Hold
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!