Mizuho Securities Upgrades Allergen (AGN) to Buy; Sees Lowered Risk Moving Forward
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mizuho upgrades Allergan (NYSE: AGN) from Hold to Buy and boosts its price target from $246 up to $318 on lower risk expectations.
The firm commented today,
We revisited our assumptions after Allergan lowered guidance on the 2Q:16 call, removing an overhang, in our view. We view the business as less risky since consensus estimates look more reasonable and we are more comfortable with revenue growth. We also see upside from higher gross margins and possible quarter beats.
Other details from the note:
As goes Botox, so goes AGN: The company broke out the details of its revenue base, allowing us to better view the ramp in Botox cosmetic and therapeutic indications. A strong fall push in Kybella DTC promotion should also drive increased utilization of Botox and fillers, in our view. Mgmt is still targeting 10% organic growth for the overall business in 2017, and we view this as doable. Additional granularity about other segments like GI, eye drops, Saphris, and anti-infectives made it easier to appropriately assign growth or stability to products, rather than wonder about declines within "other branded product sales".
Execution will be a focus and some risk remains: This is the hard part. Mgmt will need to contain costs while launching new products and advancing the pipeline. Highly visible products like Kybella will need to hit expectations (we aren't sure this one will attain $52M in 2016). In 2H:16, we expect several data readouts: (1) Ph III of tavilermide in dry eye, (which requires two additional Ph III trials). (2) Ph IIb data for relamorelin in gastroparesis (we have low expectations) and (3) Ph II data for atogepant in migraine prophylaxis. We also await approval of Restasis MDPF.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergen (AGN) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Credit Suisse
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on GTx, Inc. (GTXI) to $7 Following Enobosarm Trial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!