Mizuho Securities Starts Whiting Petroleum (WLL) at Neutral
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on Whiting Petroleum (NYSE: WLL) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $9.00.
Analyst Timothy Rezvan commented, "While Whiting high-graded its Williston Basin footprint with 2014's Kodiak acquisition, it also created a leverage problem that persists today, and led to sharply declining production. Asset sales, debt exchanges and JVs help on the margin, but can't mitigate the impact of declining crude prices. WLL shares trade cheap to the group, as they have for several years (7.7x 2017E EV/EBITDA, 2.4 turns below group), given the impact of declining production. We remain on the sidelines for now, as we await further balance sheet healing amid prolonged oil price weakness."
Shares of Whiting Petroleum closed at $8.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!