Mizuho Securities Starts Whiting Petroleum (WLL) at Neutral
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on Whiting Petroleum (NYSE: WLL) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $9.00.
Analyst Timothy Rezvan commented, "While Whiting high-graded its Williston Basin footprint with 2014's Kodiak acquisition, it also created a leverage problem that persists today, and led to sharply declining production. Asset sales, debt exchanges and JVs help on the margin, but can't mitigate the impact of declining crude prices. WLL shares trade cheap to the group, as they have for several years (7.7x 2017E EV/EBITDA, 2.4 turns below group), given the impact of declining production. We remain on the sidelines for now, as we await further balance sheet healing amid prolonged oil price weakness."
Shares of Whiting Petroleum closed at $8.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!