Mizuho Securities Starts MPLX LP (MPLX) at Neutral
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on MPLX LP (NYSE: MPLX) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $35.00.
Analyst Brian Zarahn commented, "We are initiating coverage of MPLX with a Neutral rating and $35 price target, based on the average of our $38 discounted cash flow model (9.75% discount rate) and $33 EV/EBITDA (14x multiple in 2017) valuation methodologies. MPLX is a diversified, investment grade MLP with strategically located assets and competitive growth rate for a large-cap name supported by organic projects and dropdowns. Management has been working to address the market’s re-rating of MLPX valuation since the Markwest merger, such as through the accretive marine transportation drop down transaction for a 5x multiple. MPLX has strategically located gas gathering, processing and fractionation assets in the Marcellus, Utica and emerging presence in the Permian. The crude and refined products assets are integrated with parent Marathon Petroleum’s refineries. Our neutral rating is based on the growing general partner burden limiting long-term growth and to a lesser degree current valuation."
Shares of MPLX LP closed at $32.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!