Mizuho Securities Starts Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Buy, $88 PT
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a Buy rating and a price target of $88.00.
Analyst Salim Syed commented, "GILD is our out-of-consensus call among the big 4 biotech … while GILD is no longer a favorite among biotech investors and has lost much of its fan club, we like the stock on valuation."
- While we acknowledge concerns around the HCV base business (and HIV base business) and in fact agree on many levels, we think this stock is undervalued in the market.
- To be clear, we are not saying this is a table-pounding buy (yet) … there are risks to owning this stock and near-term it’s possible the stock continues to trade lower (from current levels) … but we believe over time the company will execute and patient investors would benefit
He also notes that GILD is trading ~16% below its 200-day moving average and ~40% below its 2-year and all-time high.
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $72.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
- DA Davidson Downgrades Inventure Foods (SNAK) to Neutral, Predicts Company Won't Exist In Current Form Come June 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!