Mizuho Securities Starts Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Buy, $88 PT
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a Buy rating and a price target of $88.00.
Analyst Salim Syed commented, "GILD is our out-of-consensus call among the big 4 biotech … while GILD is no longer a favorite among biotech investors and has lost much of its fan club, we like the stock on valuation."
- While we acknowledge concerns around the HCV base business (and HIV base business) and in fact agree on many levels, we think this stock is undervalued in the market.
- To be clear, we are not saying this is a table-pounding buy (yet) … there are risks to owning this stock and near-term it’s possible the stock continues to trade lower (from current levels) … but we believe over time the company will execute and patient investors would benefit
He also notes that GILD is trading ~16% below its 200-day moving average and ~40% below its 2-year and all-time high.
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $72.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!