Mizuho Securities Starts Energen (EGN) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on Energen (NYSE: EGN) with a Buy rating and a price target of $70.00.
Analyst Timothy Rezvan commented, "EGN shares have rallied with oily E&Ps since February, but we see idiosyncratic catalysts supporting our bullish thesis. Energen's pristine balance sheet and capital efficient growth opportunity from its uncompleted well inventory and new higher proppant completions suggest '17 growth may exceed informal guidance provided by a perpetually conservative management team. EGN shares have lagged Permian peers in '15 and YTD. A correction seems warranted, given the streamlined portfolio and improvements in well performance from "Gen 3" completions not currently baked into guidance or type curves."
Shares of Energen closed at $57.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!