Mizuho Securities Starts Callon Petroleum (CPE) at Neutral
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mizuho Securities initiates coverage on Callon Petroleum (NYSE: CPE) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $16.00.
Analyst Timothy Rezvan commented, "At ~$15/share, we like Callon the company more than we like CPE shares as an investment. Sustained outperformance versus both the industry and Permian peers since '15 has whittled away much of the once-intriguing relative valuation disparity. Pricing on September's acreage acquisition appears rich, although Callon funded the deal with rich equity currency. Concerns linger on the company's checkerboard acreage position in Midland County, which limits wells' lateral length. With the investment community's awareness of the depth/quality of Callon's acreage reflected in CPE shares, we see limited stock-specific upside from here."
Shares of Callon Petroleum closed at $15.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!