Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Yahoo! (YHOO) Following 3Q Report and Guidance
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating on Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO), and raised the price target to $42.00 (from $38.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. 3Q revenues of $858m was slightly behind the Street's expectations of $861m. Non-GAAP EPS of $0.20 was ahead of expectations of $0.14. For 4Q16, the company's midpoint revenue guidance of $900m was below the Street's $937m estimate, but its EBITDA guide of $280m was better than the Street's $245m.
Analyst Neil A. Doshi commented, "Yahoo posted mixed 3Q results. Its primary growth engine, Mavens, declined 6% YoY with weakness in network video and Search continued to decline. Yahoo did show higher traffic and engagement in September on Yahoo Mail post the data breach, which gives us increasing confidence that the VZ-YHOO deal should remain on track. And YHOO posted a nice EBITDA beat and raise on continued op leverage. We maintain our Neutral rating, but we are raising our PT from $38 to $42 to account for updated pricing on shares of BABA."
Shares of Yahoo! closed at $41.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!