Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Teradata Corp. (TDC) After Adjusting Estimates
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating and $28.00 price target on Teradata Corp. (NYSE: TDC). Mizuho believes that the company will have a hard time posting sustainable revenue growth for the next couple of years. In addition to rethinking its product, management will need to redesign its goto-market to appeal to business users in addition to IT, which could take time to yield results. Mizuho lowered revenue growth estimates for FY17 to -3% Y/Y vs. consensus of flat growth. EPS is now expected to be $2.12 (from $2.52) vs. consensus of $2.48.
Analyst Abhey Lamba commented, "Given significant change underway at TDC, we believe the company is unlikely to post sustainable revenue growth for the next couple of years. We are encouraged by recent product and go-to-market initiatives but they will likely result in significant pressure on n-t revenue growth and margins. We expect a transition to a more ratable model over time to result in reduction in n-t estimates. As such, we lower our estimates while maintaining our Neutral rating and $28 PT and see limited upside to valuation from current levels."
Shares of Teradata closed at $31.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!