Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Teradata Corp. (TDC) After Adjusting Estimates
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating and $28.00 price target on Teradata Corp. (NYSE: TDC). Mizuho believes that the company will have a hard time posting sustainable revenue growth for the next couple of years. In addition to rethinking its product, management will need to redesign its goto-market to appeal to business users in addition to IT, which could take time to yield results. Mizuho lowered revenue growth estimates for FY17 to -3% Y/Y vs. consensus of flat growth. EPS is now expected to be $2.12 (from $2.52) vs. consensus of $2.48.
Analyst Abhey Lamba commented, "Given significant change underway at TDC, we believe the company is unlikely to post sustainable revenue growth for the next couple of years. We are encouraged by recent product and go-to-market initiatives but they will likely result in significant pressure on n-t revenue growth and margins. We expect a transition to a more ratable model over time to result in reduction in n-t estimates. As such, we lower our estimates while maintaining our Neutral rating and $28 PT and see limited upside to valuation from current levels."
Shares of Teradata closed at $31.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- E*TRADE (ETFC) PT Raised to $33 at Nomura Post Q3
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Lifted to $75 at Nomura
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!