Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Teradata Corp. (TDC) After Adjusting Estimates
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating and $28.00 price target on Teradata Corp. (NYSE: TDC). Mizuho believes that the company will have a hard time posting sustainable revenue growth for the next couple of years. In addition to rethinking its product, management will need to redesign its goto-market to appeal to business users in addition to IT, which could take time to yield results. Mizuho lowered revenue growth estimates for FY17 to -3% Y/Y vs. consensus of flat growth. EPS is now expected to be $2.12 (from $2.52) vs. consensus of $2.48.
Analyst Abhey Lamba commented, "Given significant change underway at TDC, we believe the company is unlikely to post sustainable revenue growth for the next couple of years. We are encouraged by recent product and go-to-market initiatives but they will likely result in significant pressure on n-t revenue growth and margins. We expect a transition to a more ratable model over time to result in reduction in n-t estimates. As such, we lower our estimates while maintaining our Neutral rating and $28 PT and see limited upside to valuation from current levels."
Shares of Teradata closed at $31.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!