Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Gap, Inc. (GPS) Following In-Line Comp Report
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating and $24.00 price target on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) following the company's September comp report. The company reported comps of (3)%, in-line with the Street’s (3.1)% estimate. Total sales decreased (2)% to $1.43bn vs. $1.46bn LY.
Analyst Betty Chen commented, "We expect shares will react positively to in-line September comps that point to sequential improvement. Importantly, the underlying business, excluding the ~3pt impact from the Fishkill DC fires, points to improvement in merchandise margins and a more encouraging response to the assortment, especially at Old Navy. With easier compares ahead and more muted FX headwinds, we view consensus FY16 outlook as achievable. Moreover, we believe current valuation of ~11x P/E fairly weighs near-term improvement at ON and the long road to recovery at Gap and BR."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $22.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on Approach Resources (AREX) Following Announced Equity Transactions
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola European Partners (CCE) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!