Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Following 3Q Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating and $7.00 price target on Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD) following the company's 3Q earnings report. AMD reported 3Q16 revenue and EPS of $1.3B and $0.03 (versus consensus of $1.2B/$0.00).
Analyst Vijay Rakesh commented, "AMD reported 3Q16 Rev/EPS inline with consensus. Strength was driven by 41% q/q Embedded/Semi-Custom growth with the Xbox One, PS4, and PS4 Pro, and 9% q/q growth in Computing/Graphics. But AMD guided the DecQ down 18% q/q despite an extra week in the quarter. We believe the modest improvement in GM implies 200-300bps+ of CG GM pricing pressure in 2H16. Zen for servers is expected in 2Q17. During the quarter, AMD improved its balance sheet and cash position. Adjusting our estimates and maintaining our Neutral and $7 PT."
Shares of AMD closed at $6.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!