Mizuho Securities Reiterates Neutral on VMware (VMW) Following Annual Event
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Neutral rating on VMware (NYSE: VMW), and raised the price target to $66.00 (from $61.00), after attending the company's annual event in Las Vegas. Takeaways did not materially alter Mizuho's view that the company's cloud strategy remains somewhat ambiguous.
Analyst Abhey Lamba commented, "We attended VMware's annual event in Las Vegas. Management remains very focused on building its presence in hybrid computing environments and is executing against the opportunity in its emerging products portfolio. That said, we believe fundamental challenges persist and recent NSX/VSAN growth is unlikely to offset declines in core compute. Further, issuance of the tracking stock next week could weigh on the common stock. We maintain our Neutral rating while adjusting our PT to $66 from $61 to account for marginally higher confidence in estimates."
Shares of VMware closed at $73.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Gastar Exploration (GST) Following Announced Transactions
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!