Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Red Hat (RHT) Following 2Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Buy rating and $88.00 price target on Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. RHT reported total revenue of $600mm vs. consensus of $590mm with upside coming in from the subscription line as the company benefited from FX and customer audits.
Analyst Abhey Lamba commented, "Red Hat reported F2Q17 results that came in broadly above expectations but revenue upside was largely driven by FX and customer audits. That said, we point out a few items beyond headline metrics that warrant monitoring. Management raised its FY guidance which came in above consensus. We continue to favor the stock at current levels and see upside to estimates on potentially conservative guidance. We further note that the stock tends to outperform in seasonally strong F4Q. Reiterate Buy rating and $88 PT."
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!