Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy as Oasis Petroleum (OAS) Announces $785M Acquisition
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Buy rating and $17.00 price target on Oasis Petroleum (NYSE: OAS) following the company's announcement of a $785 million acquisition of 55,000 net acres with ~12.4 mboe/d of production and 92 net "core" locations. Today's acquisition is an important step to backfill inventory.
Analyst Timothy Rezvan commented, "Oasis addressed inventory concerns with a $785 million acquisition this morning that adds 12.4 mboe/d of production, 92 "core" net locations and 31.6 mmboe of PDP reserves. Pricing does not appear cheap, but will prove to be warranted if acquired locations produce close to the updated productivity numbers of Wild Basin (updated to 1.55 mmboe EURs for wells now costing $5.2 million). This is an impressive $4.19/boe well-level F&D cost (net of 20% royalty). OAS shares may underperform due to an equity issuance announced. We would buy the dip."
Shares of Oasis Petroleum closed at $11.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnegie Still Interested in magicJack VocalTec (CALL) Bid
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $25 Following CES 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!