Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Chicos FAS (CHS) to $15 Following 2Q
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Buy rating on Chico's, Inc. (NYSE: CHS), and raised the price target to $15.00 (from $13.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. CHS reported OpEPS of $0.25 came in ahead of the Street’s $0.23 estimate. Mizuho increased 3Q EPS estimates to $0.13 from $0.10 and projects total comps of (1.1)% and flattish EBIT margin of 4.5%.
Analyst Betty Chen commented, "We are raising our estimates and PT to $15 (from $13) as we believe CHS is in the early stages of a multi-year turnaround with stabilizing comps and progress toward improving margins. Although the retail environment may remain challenging, a leaner operating structure from recent cost reductions (total ~$90-110mm) and conservative inventory planning should support margins as the team continues to make headway in improving the overall assortment and finding new avenues for sales growth. We believe additional color on strategic initiatives during the Analyst day on 9/28 may provide another catalyst."
Shares of Chico's, Inc. closed at $11.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Sell on Corning (GLW) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!