Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Chicos FAS (CHS) to $15 Following 2Q
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mizuho Securities reiterated a Buy rating on Chico's, Inc. (NYSE: CHS), and raised the price target to $15.00 (from $13.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. CHS reported OpEPS of $0.25 came in ahead of the Street’s $0.23 estimate. Mizuho increased 3Q EPS estimates to $0.13 from $0.10 and projects total comps of (1.1)% and flattish EBIT margin of 4.5%.
Analyst Betty Chen commented, "We are raising our estimates and PT to $15 (from $13) as we believe CHS is in the early stages of a multi-year turnaround with stabilizing comps and progress toward improving margins. Although the retail environment may remain challenging, a leaner operating structure from recent cost reductions (total ~$90-110mm) and conservative inventory planning should support margins as the team continues to make headway in improving the overall assortment and finding new avenues for sales growth. We believe additional color on strategic initiatives during the Analyst day on 9/28 may provide another catalyst."
Shares of Chico's, Inc. closed at $11.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!