Mizuho Securities Downgrades Ventas (VTR) to Neutral
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities downgraded Ventas (NYSE: VTR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $63.00.
Analyst Richard Anderson commented, "Following the surprise exit from the skilled nursing business by Kindred Healthcare (KND), we think VTR executed a very positive transaction for shareholders – agreeing to sales back to KND at a 7% lease rate, which is way below market (i.e., above expectations) in our opinion. VTR’s cash flow prognosis across the board appears extremely visible, particularly after pushing out its lease expiration schedule to 2023 and 2025 for the long term acute care hospitals (LTACHs) it continues to own with KND. However, while the stock has had wide swings during 2016, it has significantly outperformed to its large-cap peers (YTD total return of +10%, versus - 4% and -12% for HCN and HCP, respectively). And with no discernible catalyst within the foreseeable future, we can envision the stock’s performance converging as investors debate the impact of Trump. To that point, VTR represents a poster-REIT for direct investment into acute-care hospitals (as well as the difficult LTACH business), despite the relatively small contribution to its total NOI. The company has a track-record of strategizing against the grain, and that has served shareholders well over the long-term. But assuming VTR will be focused on growing its hospital business over the coming quarters, we think at least thematic headwinds can get in the way of stock performance."
Shares of Ventas closed at $59.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- Western Digital (WDC): Raising PT After Analyst Day - Baird
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!