Mizuho Securities Downgrades Tenet Healthcare (THC) to Underperform; High Leverage
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities downgraded Tenet Healthcare (NYSE: THC) from Neutral to Underperform with a price target of $13.00, citing high leverage.
Analyst Sheryl Skolnick commented, "THC presents a problem because of its high leverage. There, even at $13, the stock trades at 7.8x our 2016 estimate and 7.3x our 2017 estimate of EBITDA less NCI. At its current $17 price, THC trades at 7.6x multiple, i.e., a premium to HCA and that is not right under any circumstances (HCA has FCF, THC doesn’t) in our view. To be within 10% of the current stock price, i.e., to keep our Neutral rating, THC shares would have to trade at $15, i.e., at a 7.8x multiple, a nearly half-turn premium to our HCA target price. Frankly, with our work in Exhibit 11 showing that a 7.3x multiple on a 2017 year less the ACA impact mitigated by 50% gets to a $13 price target, we’re sticking to our guns on valuation work and lowering our rating on THC to Underperform. There’s just too much risk to pay a premium in our view."
Shares of Tenet Healthcare closed at $17.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Canaccord Genuity Thinks Athleisure Apparel has Peaked and Cuts Lululemon (LULU) to 'Sell'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!