Mizuho Securities Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q Miss
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities maintained an Outperform rating on Express Inc. (NYSE: EXPR), and cut the price target to $13.00 (from $14.00), following the company's 3Q earnings release. 3Q EPS of $0.11 was below the consensus estimate of $0.13. Sales declined to $506.1mm with a +15% increase in DTC sales. Given the difficult traffic environment and merchandising adjustments underway, Mizuho lowered 4Q EPS estimates to $0.26 from $0.50 prior, relative to guidance for $0.26-0.30.
Analyst Betty Chen commented, "Although traffic and merchandising led to the disappointing 3Q results and 4Q guidance, we believe EXPR made sequential progress in improving customer engagement and adjusting the assortment, as evidenced by the 15% growth in eCommerce. While 4Q topline and margins will remain pressured, the setup for FY17 appears favorable given: 1) easier comparisons with strength online, 2) favorable fashion trends and cleaner inventory, 3) additional $20mm in cost savings or ~$0.15 in EPS, and 4) benefit of new system implementation. With a discounted valuation of 12x P/E and 3.5x EBITDA, we believe the risk/reward is favorable."
Shares of Express Inc. closed at $13.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades TransUnion (TRU) to Overweight, Named As Top Pick
- Deutsche Bank Starts Illumina (ILMN) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!