Mizuho Raises Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Price Target But Keeps Neutral Rating
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Vijay Rakesh, reiterated his Neutral rating on AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) but raised his price target to $7.00 (from $5.50) after AMD announced an updated 5-year wafer supply agreement (WSA) with GLOBALFOUNDRIES (GF) through December 31, 2020. The agreement establishes a framework for collaboration from the 14nm to the 7nm node. The analyst views the stock as a show me story though.
AMD is taking some of the $335M in expenses as a one-time charge in 3Q16, and issuing a 75M share in the-money warrant to Mubadala. The analyst believes "it is getting to be show me time for Zen" and the stock values the recent financial improvement. "Further upside will likely depend on high margin server traction with Zen which could be much more challenging".
Shares of AMD closed at $7.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!