Mizuho Raises Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Price Target But Keeps Neutral Rating
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Vijay Rakesh, reiterated his Neutral rating on AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) but raised his price target to $7.00 (from $5.50) after AMD announced an updated 5-year wafer supply agreement (WSA) with GLOBALFOUNDRIES (GF) through December 31, 2020. The agreement establishes a framework for collaboration from the 14nm to the 7nm node. The analyst views the stock as a show me story though.
AMD is taking some of the $335M in expenses as a one-time charge in 3Q16, and issuing a 75M share in the-money warrant to Mubadala. The analyst believes "it is getting to be show me time for Zen" and the stock values the recent financial improvement. "Further upside will likely depend on high margin server traction with Zen which could be much more challenging".
Shares of AMD closed at $7.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!