Mizuho Raises Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Price Target But Keeps Neutral Rating
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Vijay Rakesh, reiterated his Neutral rating on AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) but raised his price target to $7.00 (from $5.50) after AMD announced an updated 5-year wafer supply agreement (WSA) with GLOBALFOUNDRIES (GF) through December 31, 2020. The agreement establishes a framework for collaboration from the 14nm to the 7nm node. The analyst views the stock as a show me story though.
AMD is taking some of the $335M in expenses as a one-time charge in 3Q16, and issuing a 75M share in the-money warrant to Mubadala. The analyst believes "it is getting to be show me time for Zen" and the stock values the recent financial improvement. "Further upside will likely depend on high margin server traction with Zen which could be much more challenging".
Shares of AMD closed at $7.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Investor Day Offers Little New - Jefferies
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!