Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX): After A Second Look, Neutral Is The Right Rating - Piper Jaffray
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Steven Breazzano, reiterated his Neutral rating on Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX). At the end of earnings season, the analyst reviews his outlook for the companies under coverage and thought his Neutral rating was the right position.
For MRTX, the analyst believes a key to reigniting investor interest is an update on the new formulation designed to improve bioavailability of glesatinib and reduce GI side effects. Initial signs appear promising. The company also is advancing two other oncology assets, sitravatinib (RET/TRK/DDR/CBL), and mocetinostat (HDAC), which will come into focus later this year and early next year.
However, the analyst sees the risk / reward as balanced with multiple shots on goal offset by a competitive landscape and as of yet undifferentiated assets.
Shares of Mirati Therapeutics closed at $5.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Lowered to $49 at FIG Partners Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Some Risk To Earnings - Buckingham Research
- Synaptics (SYNA): Expect Weakness After Earnings - Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!