Microsoft (MSFT) PT Lifted to $68 at Nomura
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities analyst Frederick Grieb reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) to $68.00 (from $65.00) amid strong results with continued cloud growth.
Grieb commented, ". Microsoft reported F1Q'17 revenue and non-GAAP EPS of $22.3bn and $0.76, which was above revenue expectations of $21.7bn and above the Street's EPS of $0.68. Operating expenses were $7.4bn, inline with guidance of $7.35-7.45bn. Revenue and EPS numbers exclude the impact of Windows 10 deferrals.Overall, this was a solid set of results, with both revenues and EPS beating expectations and cloud businesses outperforming expectations. The stock traded up 6% in the aftermarket following the earnings release. Particular strength was seen in the US, Western Europe and Japan, and we believe investors will view this as a strong report despite F2Q '17 revenue guidance falling just below Street expectations."
FY17E EPS from $2.90 to $3.02; FY18E EPS from $3.20 to $3.28.
Shares of Microsoft closed at $57.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!