Microsoft (MSFT): Reiterating Buy On Strength Of Cloud Product - UBS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) as he sees the commercial cloud business (inc. Office 365, Azure and Dynamics) ended FY16 at a >$12.1Bn run rate (up >50% y/y, inc. Azure growing >100% and O365 commercial up ~65% CC).
Growth would have to slow materially (to below 30% CAGR) in order to miss the company's stated goal of a $20Bn run rate by FY18, while LNKD provides some additional cushion (~$4Bn in annual rev). As a result of this transition, the analyst believes MSFT has become increasingly more relevant in the datacenter, w/ Azure one of two horses in a massive cloud infra market, while the applications segment is also showing signs of a 'next act' built around O365 and LNKD. Ultimately, the analyst believes the cloud creates more recurring revenue streams, which lead to greater visibility, and offer investors more consistent results relative to other large cap tech peers.
The price target of $64 is up from $62 based on a slightly higher multiple; 15x EV/FCF Fwd NTM estimates (prior 14.5x).
Shares of Microsoft closed at $58.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT): Still Grossly Overvalued - Jefferies
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!