Microsemi (MSCC) Will Be 'Solid Target' Once Leverage is Lower, Says RBC
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC analyst Mitch Steves commented on rumors that Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ: MSCC) is being shopped as an M&A target. In his view, potential M&A is "early" but he thinks Microsemi will be a "solid target" once leverage approaches 3.0x or lower.
Steves explained, "According to recent news reports (StreetInsider, unsubstantiated) Microsemi is currently exploring a sale. At this point, we think it is 'early' given leverage is currently at 3.7x however, we view MSCC as a high quality asset to own once leverage comes down to 3.0x or less. In addition, if we look at the semiconductor universe as a whole, we think larger companies will need to target mid-cap companies such as MSCC and the margin profile and current valuation is likely attractive to a wide range of potential acquirers (TXN, AVGO, MXIM - we think TXN makes the most sense)."
The analyst continued, "Net Net: while we think the news is 'early' at this point, we think MSCC will become an attractive M&A asset shortly (~2-3 quarters) and believe larger semiconductor companies will target mid-sized firms such as Microsemi if given the right opportunity."
Steves added, "When we look across the semiconductor universe we find a small number of companies that currently have 60%+ gross margin profiles with top-line growth. In addition, Microsemi is approaching a revenue run-rate of $2B and we think its gross & operating model of ~63%/33% at this point are attractive. In addition, with a multiple set at ~10x CY17 earnings, the accretion math for companies such as TXN would be positive."
RBC Capital has a Top Pick rating on Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ: MSCC) with a price target of $48.
Shares of Microsemi Corporation closed at $38.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Sees 27% Upside in MercadoLibre (MELI) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Microsemi (MSCC): Improving Fundamentals and Cash Flow Warrant Higher Multiple - Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!