Microchip Technology (MCHP): Raising PT 18% After an Impressive Quarter - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Rajvindra Gill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP) after the company reported excellent results from both its core business and from its Atmel acquisition. Net sales were $844.0MM, up 58% Y/Y and above the high end of their previous $799.1-841.9MM range, as well as record EPS of $0.84, up 30.2% Y/Y and 19.6% Q/Q, and above guidance of $0.70-0.79. GM came in at 55.8%. MCHP was able to bring down net leverage to 3.22x for this quarter, ahead of schedule. Previously net leverage guidance was of 3.51x at the transaction date and 3.04x by March 2017.
The price target goes to $70.00 (from $60.00) on the expectation of $4.30+ long-term earnings power and possible upside over the next several quarters as MCHP folds ATML's operations into its efficient operating model. This reflects MCHP's continued core business growth, market share gains in the MCU market, and turnaround of the Atmel business
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $56.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!