Microchip Technology (MCHP): Raising PT 18% After an Impressive Quarter - Needham
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Rajvindra Gill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP) after the company reported excellent results from both its core business and from its Atmel acquisition. Net sales were $844.0MM, up 58% Y/Y and above the high end of their previous $799.1-841.9MM range, as well as record EPS of $0.84, up 30.2% Y/Y and 19.6% Q/Q, and above guidance of $0.70-0.79. GM came in at 55.8%. MCHP was able to bring down net leverage to 3.22x for this quarter, ahead of schedule. Previously net leverage guidance was of 3.51x at the transaction date and 3.04x by March 2017.
The price target goes to $70.00 (from $60.00) on the expectation of $4.30+ long-term earnings power and possible upside over the next several quarters as MCHP folds ATML's operations into its efficient operating model. This reflects MCHP's continued core business growth, market share gains in the MCU market, and turnaround of the Atmel business
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $56.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!