Microchip Technology (MCHP): Raising PT 18% After an Impressive Quarter - Needham
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Rajvindra Gill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP) after the company reported excellent results from both its core business and from its Atmel acquisition. Net sales were $844.0MM, up 58% Y/Y and above the high end of their previous $799.1-841.9MM range, as well as record EPS of $0.84, up 30.2% Y/Y and 19.6% Q/Q, and above guidance of $0.70-0.79. GM came in at 55.8%. MCHP was able to bring down net leverage to 3.22x for this quarter, ahead of schedule. Previously net leverage guidance was of 3.51x at the transaction date and 3.04x by March 2017.
The price target goes to $70.00 (from $60.00) on the expectation of $4.30+ long-term earnings power and possible upside over the next several quarters as MCHP folds ATML's operations into its efficient operating model. This reflects MCHP's continued core business growth, market share gains in the MCU market, and turnaround of the Atmel business
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $56.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!