Michael Kors (KORS) Still Popular Among Teens, Although Accessories Spending is Down - Piper Jaffray
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- SAP (SAP) Q4 IFRS Revenues Rises 7%, Boosts 2020 Outlook
- Oppenheimer Downgrades Energous Corp (WATT) to Perform
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray's 32nd semi-annual Taking Stock With Teens survey showed that the accessories backdrop is tepid but Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS) is still tops in handbags. Kate Spade (NASDAQ: KATE) moves up to no. 2 and Coach (NYSE: COH) was a stable no. 4. For watches, Fossiel (NASADAQ: FOSL) decelerated.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented: "Spending on accessories from upper-income females is down 5% Y/Y to $143/year. Spending intent also reversed with 64% of females saying they do not plan to buy a handbag in the next six months—higher than the 61%-level last year. KORS was the No. 1 handbag brand, gaining 300 bps share Y/Y for UI teens. KATE (not covered) moved up considerably securing its No. 2 spot and COH was stable with 10% share at No. 3. 71% of teens indicate they do not want a watch. The FOSL portfolio decelerated 300 bps to 24% of all watch brands listed (vs. 27% last year)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/23: (BIOL) (CYNO) (KATE) Higher; (NCIT) (QCOM) (NAT) Lower (more...)
- Yahoo! (YHOO) PT Raised to $50 at UBS
- Qualcomm (QCOM) PT Lowered to $58 at UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!