Michael Kors (KORS): Cutting PT, Maintaining Overweight Rating - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Erinn Murphy, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS) following Q1's print. The analyst stated "Our OW rating is principally on the belief that the stock is inexpensive (10x next year with an 11% FCF yield), there has been consistent discipline with utilizing the balance sheet, capex is coming down & the company is cleaning up its distribution & is working toward pulling back on promotions. While we recognize this transition does not come overnight and there are still several global macro headwinds (such as Europe which saw a more pronounced deceleration this quarter), we believe the company has the optionality on the balance sheet to protect earnings during a time where EBIT is admittedly moderating towards the low-20% range."
The price target of $64.00 was cut from $69.00 as she rolled forward to FY18 estimates from FY17 and reduced the multiple to 13x from 15x.
Shares of Michael Kors closed at $48.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Western Digital (WDC): Analyst Day Preview - Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!