Merck's (MRK) Keytruda Steals the Show at ESMO - Leerink
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Seamus Fernandez weighed in on Merck (NYSE: MRK) after Keytruda steals the show at ESMO.
Fernandezcommented, "Benefits of Keytruda in Keynote-024 support MRK's view that a “sea change” in treatment in patients with PDL1 >50% is imminent. The nearly inexplicable failure of BMY (OP) CM-026 at every level of PDL1 expression and confusion over imbalances in CM-026 puts MRK in the driver's seat in 1L lung cancer for at least the next 12-18 months, but given the stunning 50% reduction in the risk of progression or death (p=<0.001; 95% confidence interval, 0.37–0.68) together with a 40% reduction in the risk of death (p=0.005; 95% CI, 0.41–0.89), we fully expect MRK to retain a significant place at the table long term. We note that median overall survival for Keytruda of 10.3 months (95% CI, 6.7 to not reached) is consistent with our modeling assumptions. In addition, confirmation that Keytruda is clearly benefiting patients when combined with Alimta/carboplatin with Alimta maintenance raises the possibility that MRK could compete broadly in the overall non-squamous patient population."
The firm maintained an Market Perform rating and price target of $65 on MRK.
Shares of Merck closed at $62.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Announces Positive HRQoL Data from KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-024 Study
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) After Meeting with Management
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!