Mercado Libre (MELI): Listings Growth Continues At Rapid Pace - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) after data from Piper Jaffray Web Analytics. indicated listings growth continues at a rapid pace.
For the month of July unit growth was ~85% vs. the Jun-16 quarter at 90% y/y and Mar-16 at 84%. This metric does not tie directly to unit growth for MercadoLibre, but it does reflect improvements in supply that can fuel stronger consumption by users.
The analyst believes that MercadoLibre's platform is gaining steam with suppliers due to improvements in the site, peripheral functionality that simplifies listing on MercadoLibre, and the removal of listing fees (eliminating the risk of listing). He continues to believe that MercadoLibre is the best positioned eCommerce company in Latin America.
No change to $185 price target.
Shares of MercadoLibre closed at $166.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Gene Munster
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!