Medivation (MDVN) PT Lifted to $53 at BMO Capital
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Do Kim raised estimates and its price target on Medivation (NASDAQ: MDVN) to $53.00 but maintained a Market Perform rating.
Kim commented, :We are incrementally more positive on MDVN following 2Q16 earnings, as underlying Xtandi trends improve, particularly treatment duration as the drug gains first novel hormone therapy (NHT) share over Zytiga. We are increasing our Xtandi sales projections, with updated duration assumptions. While our target price increases to $53, it remains below market as we believe shares reflect an acquisition premium above our DCF valuation. We continue to look towards the Xtandi label update (Oct 22, 2016 PDUFA) as a catalyst to reaccelerate adoption, moving Xtandi upstream to Casodex-eligible patients, and an opportunity for us to become more positive on the shares. Additional upside to our Market Perform rating includes pending talazoparib data (4Q16), which contributed to significant revaluation of talazoparib’s contingent consideration. We believe talazoparib could be the primary disconnect with bidders if the acquisition fails, as MDVN continues to emphasize a large opportunity for the PARP inhibitor,:
Shares of Medivation closed at $63.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Raising Prices, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!