Medicines Co. (MDCO) Recovers; Evercore ISI's Raffat Says Data 'Looks Very Consistent and Durable'
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Medicines Co. (NASDAQ: MDCO) has recovered sharply off intra-day lows as Ph 2 PCSk9 data presented at AHA. Shares are currently down 2.8% after trading down 8% earlier.
Evercore ISI's Umer Raffat said the data "looks very consistent and durable through day 180 (pts getting single injection had -43% LDL reduction at day 180)."
He notes he is getting several questions on 1 death in the 500 mg arm. He said it was a patient with extensive CAD history and multiple CV events in the past (note that exclusion criteria only selected out pts with MACE event within last 6 months). Also, 1 case of ALT>3ULN occurred in a patient escalating dose of statin.
Raffat notes the The discussant, Dr. Nordestgaard's review of data was very positive on the Ph 2 trial. "I would like to congratulate the investigators on this very very positive trial," Nordestgaard said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medicines Co. (MDCO) EVP/Chief Dev Officer Cox Buys ~106K Shares
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!