Medicines Co. (MDCO): A High Bar Could Lead to Ph3 Trials Despite Ending Early - Jefferies
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Biren Amin, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) after reviewing the first 40 pts of the MILANO-PILOT investigating the MDCO-216 which showed that the pre-defined, upper stat boundary for efficacy was not met, and the summary data at this time were “inconclusive.” MDCO had not disclosed the bar for stopping the trial early, but the analyst suspects that it was a high bar.
He is awaiting the final analysis at AHA in Nov, and if it can show a >1% decrease in % atheroma volume at wk 5, it could support moving forward to PIII trials. There is no change to the price target of $43.
Shares of The Medicines Company closed at $40.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK): Viability Restored - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!