Mead Johnson (MJN) Massachusetts Contract Loss May Lead to Much Biggter Texas Contract Win - BMO
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Amit Sharma weighed in on Mead Johnson Nutrition (NYSE: MJN) after the company lost the WIC infant formula contract in Massachusetts to Abbott, effective October 1.
Sharma notes the loss of Massachusetts, which accounts for 3% of Mead's US volumes, creates sales/margin pressure into 2017. However, they wonder whether Mead's decision to concede Massachusetts (and several other smaller WIC contracts over the past 12 months) is part of its strategy to bid aggressively for the much larger WIC contract in Texas (7-8x bigger than Massachusetts).
The firm estimates that the loss of this contract could have a $0.06-$0.08 impact on Mead's EPS. FY 2016 EPS was trimmed from $3.49 to $3.47 and FY 2017 EPS from $3.83 to $3.77.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and trimmed its price target to $96.00 (from $97.00)
Shares of Mead Johnson Nutrition closed at $79.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
- BTIG Raises Price Target on CardConnect Corp. (CCN) to $17; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!