Mead Johnson (MJN) Massachusetts Contract Loss May Lead to Much Biggter Texas Contract Win - BMO
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Amit Sharma weighed in on Mead Johnson Nutrition (NYSE: MJN) after the company lost the WIC infant formula contract in Massachusetts to Abbott, effective October 1.
Sharma notes the loss of Massachusetts, which accounts for 3% of Mead's US volumes, creates sales/margin pressure into 2017. However, they wonder whether Mead's decision to concede Massachusetts (and several other smaller WIC contracts over the past 12 months) is part of its strategy to bid aggressively for the much larger WIC contract in Texas (7-8x bigger than Massachusetts).
The firm estimates that the loss of this contract could have a $0.06-$0.08 impact on Mead's EPS. FY 2016 EPS was trimmed from $3.49 to $3.47 and FY 2017 EPS from $3.83 to $3.77.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and trimmed its price target to $96.00 (from $97.00)
Shares of Mead Johnson Nutrition closed at $79.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!