McDonald's (MCD) U.S. SSS Outlook Cut to 'Street Low' at Nomura Following Survey; PT to $122
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities lowered estimates and its price target on Neutral-rated McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) to $122.00 (from $129.00) following its Franchisee Survey. The firm's Q3 U.S. SSS forecast of 0.2% is a Street-low.
Analyst Mark Kalinowski commented, "Based on the results from our McDonald’s Franchisee Survey, we lower our U.S. same-store sales forecast by 160bp to +0.2% (110bp below consensus) which is the new low forecast on the sell-side according to Consensus Metrix data. In addition, we take down our Q4 same-store sales forecast by 100bp to -2.0% (140bp below consensus). These moves result in us reducing our Q3 and Q4 EPS estimates by -$0.02 each, to $1.47 and $1.40, respectively. Our full-year 2016E EPS projection is lowered by -$0.04, to $5.55. Given this lower base of anticipated earnings coming off of this year, and weak domestic samestore sales momentum, we also take down our full-year 2017E EPS forecast by -$0.09, to $6.10. Reflecting the unattractive U.S. sales trends and outlook, we lower our target multiple on MCD to 20x (from 21x). This has the effect of reducing our target price on MCD to $122 (from $129). We maintain our Neutral rating on MCD."
Shares of McDonald's closed at $114.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lam Research (LRCX) PT Raised to $95 at Nomura But Remains Sidelined
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Seagate (STX) PT Raised to $47 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!