McDonald's (MCD): Notes From Management Meeting, Cutting Estimates - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Nicole Miller Regan, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) after hosting an investor meeting at McDonald's headquarters with CFO Kevin Ozan and President of U.S. Mike Andres. However, she also cut FY16 estimates on lower 4Q same store sales.
The analyst stated "Domestic margin drivers include cost of goods sold deflation, lower turnover at the crew level, ongoing re-franchising efforts, improved store-level P&L management and lapping prior-year investments (i.e., enhanced benefits). Longer-term, and with a consistent +MSD% comp, high-teens margins may be achieved, where outside of state minimum wage changes no structural impediments exist."
FY16 estimates tick down (on a lower 4Q16 same store sales estimate) and include a +2.8% global comp, 31.4% operating margins, and EPS of $5.55 that compares to consensus of +2.9%, 32.3%, and $5.57
FY16 revenues drop from $24.96B to $24.82B and EPS drops from $5.59 to $5.55 but there is no change to the price target of $140.
Shares of McDonald's closed at $118.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) PT Raised to $65 at Needham & Company
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) Bullish View Reiterated at Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Nicole Miller Regan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!