McDonald's (MCD): Notes From Management Meeting, Cutting Estimates - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Nicole Miller Regan, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) after hosting an investor meeting at McDonald's headquarters with CFO Kevin Ozan and President of U.S. Mike Andres. However, she also cut FY16 estimates on lower 4Q same store sales.
The analyst stated "Domestic margin drivers include cost of goods sold deflation, lower turnover at the crew level, ongoing re-franchising efforts, improved store-level P&L management and lapping prior-year investments (i.e., enhanced benefits). Longer-term, and with a consistent +MSD% comp, high-teens margins may be achieved, where outside of state minimum wage changes no structural impediments exist."
FY16 estimates tick down (on a lower 4Q16 same store sales estimate) and include a +2.8% global comp, 31.4% operating margins, and EPS of $5.55 that compares to consensus of +2.9%, 32.3%, and $5.57
FY16 revenues drop from $24.96B to $24.82B and EPS drops from $5.59 to $5.55 but there is no change to the price target of $140.
Shares of McDonald's closed at $118.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Nicole Miller Regan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!